COVID-19 Update 6-8-20
We are closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation as it relates to our community by maintaining a line of communication with our local, state, and federal public safety officials.
We intend to have all races scheduled; however, we are adding a virtual option for those who may want to participate from home or other states. Should we be unable to have the in-person event, you will be switched to virtual. If we have the in-person event this year, virtual participants will have the option of switching to the in-person experience.
Does the event have waves at the start?
Yes. We will have waves of 50, spaced apart every 1 minute. You will have a chip start and finish. Subject to change based on State guidelines at that time.
Do you have a virtual option?
Yes. You can register for the virtual race option or any race.
What's included in my registration?
Your registration includes a participate shirt, bib number and a finisher medal.
Is there race day packet pick-up and signups?
Are there awards on race day?
Due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, there will be no awards presented on race day. Awards can be picked up at Second Sole Mentor at a later date TBD. Award winners will be contacted via email.
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
The following race day guidelines have been approved by the Lake County Department of Health. These guidelines are in place for the safety of the participants, volunteers, and race directors. Please do not register if you cannot follow these guidelines. Participants who fail to abide by these rules will be removed and disqualified from the event.
- Participants must be symptom free of illness for 14 days before the live race date. Symptomatic individuals MUST stay at home.
- Participants traveling to event are recommended to travel alone or with members of immediate family only.
- Participants must wear shirt and shoes at all times.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- Bottled water will be available at the finish line. We highly recommend carrying your own water; there will be water stops available with staff wearing masks and gloves.
During Race Guidelines
- No spitting, snotting, or projections of any bodily fluid before, during or after event.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which includes high fives, fist bumps, huddles, or other close contact before, during, or after the event.
- During competition, participants must abide by the six-foot mandated social distancing regulations when passing other participants.
- Upon finishing the race, participants must head directly to their vehicles. No congregating at finish line and/or parking areas.
- Spectators are not permitted on course, at start line, finish line, or parking areas.
- Family members finishing at separate times cannot wait at finish line for other family members.
Thank you for your support!